Atmospheric Plasma Treatment
Atmospheric Plasma solutions can sometimes be referred to as “air plasma” or a “plasma jet” and offers an innovative solution to adhesion and wetting problems across many industries due to the versatility the technology provides.
The increased use of traditionally “non-stick” polymers, including Polyethylene, Polypropylene and composite blends with added glass or carbon fibre, continue to be a popular choice for engineers but unfortunately, these materials are “non-stick”.
What are the benefits of Atmospheric Plasma?
- Affordable, easy to justify investment with low running costs
- High uptime and high reliability
- Suitable for high line speeds
- Small footprint
- Fast ramp up time of 10ms and a fast shut down time of 1ms
- Easy integration to existing or new production control systems
- Control up to eight light weight nozzle heads from one controller
- High treatment level – up to 72 Dynes/cm
- Potential free discharge
- Low temperature radiated to parts
How it works…
The area in front of a highly active Plasma Nozzle is highly active and is an excellent method of increasing the polarity of plastics. The treated material’s polarity is increased as the free radicals and other active particles that exist within the highly active plasma discharge attach to the material’s surface which forms additional polar groups. Polarity is key to adhesion as it enhances the chemical attraction to paints, adhesives, inks, etc., which therefore increases the strength of adhesion that can be achieved.
Atmospheric Plasma is also an excellent option for the cleaning of metals, glass and ceramics, Plasma Treatment ensures product cleanliness as plasma cleaning removes foreign contaminants present on a material’s surface.
Industry leading Atmospheric Plasma equipment from Dyne Technology
- Highly targeted treatment of small and specific areas
- Easily integrated into new and existing production lines
- Precise treatment even at high speeds
- Surface activation of a wide range of parts including coils, strips and injection moulding
PlasmaTEC-X Multi Plasma Nozzle
- Effective treatment of multiple areas
- Effective treatment of larger extrusions
- Up to eight individual nozzles from a single control system
- Surface activation of mouldings, extrusions, complex 3D parts, etc.
SpinTEC Rotating Plasma
- Treat large areas in a single pass
- Easily integrated into new or existing production lines
- High speed processing of flat or 3D parts
- Surface activation of plastic cards, flat sheets, large extrusions, etc.
- Easily integrated for use with robotics and automation
- Offers flexibility for in-line and batch production
- Surface activation of 3D parts/complex geometry parts
- Ideal for large or small production runs
- A wide degree of parts can be treated by easily reprogramming the robot
Call us for trusted advice
Interested in discovering more about Plasma Treatment? Let’s work together to solve your problems of adhesion or surface cleanliness.
Give the Dyne Technology engineers a call today on +44(0) 1543 411 460 or email us at email@example.com